10 months agoChelsea midfielder Palmer on way to Bristol City

first_imgChelsea midfielder Palmer on way to Bristol Cityby Freddie Taylor10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea midfielder Kasey Palmer is set to join Bristol City on loan. The 22-year-old is currently on loan with Blackburn Rovers, but has started just 10 of 26 Championship games this season.Palmer will become the Robins’ first signing of the January transfer window.Despite joining Chelsea in 2013, Palmer has yet to make a first-team appearance for the club. TagsTransfersAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

read more

a month agoBarcelona teen Ansu Fati breaks another record

first_imgBarcelona teen Ansu Fati breaks another recordby Carlos Volcanoa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveBarcelona teen Ansu Fati broke another record for their 0-0 Champions League draw at Borussia Dortmund.At the age of 16 years and 351 days, he has become the youngest player to ever feature for Barcelona in the competition.Until now, the accolade belonged to Bojan Krkic, who played against Lyon in 2007 at the age of 17 years and 22 days.Celestine Babayaro holds the overall record in the Champions League, having played for Anderlecht at 16 years, two months and 25 days old.After making his debut against Real Betis, he scored against Osasuna, and added an assist and a goal on his first start against Valencia. About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

read more

11 days agoMan Utd hero Blackmore backing Ibrahimovic return

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man Utd hero Blackmore backing Ibrahimovic returnby Paul Vegas11 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United hero Clayton Blackmore says signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic would save the club’s dismal season.The Swede could return to the club in January during the MLS offseason, where he is currently playing for LA Galaxy.”We’re lacking a target man and the only thing that is going to save us this season is Ibrahimovic,” Blackmore said.”He has thrown his name in the hat and he’s probably the best target man you can have. He’s 6ft 5in, he’s a black belt and he fancies his chances against ­anybody.”He’s still scoring goals, too. We have got rid of so many good ­strikers – (Wayne) Rooney went, (Robin) van Persie went, loads of them.These players have gone but they haven’t been replaced. Bringing Ibrahimovic in is a no-brainer. He doesn’t run, but he doesn’t need to because he is that good.”There are not many players who can jog around the pitch and ­control the game, but, when he was here before, we won trophies with him, when he was fit.”We should try and get him in January or whenever we can ­because he can lead the line.” last_img read more

read more

Photo: WVU Basketball Flight Crew Got Team A Cake To Celebrate The Big 12 Tournament, Predicts A Championship

first_imgCake shows WVU as Big 12 champs.The Mountaineers didn’t actually win the Big 12 Tournament West Virginia’s odds to win the Big 12 Tournament are the fifth highest at 15/2, according to Bovada. Don’t tell that to the team’s flight crew, though. As the Mountaineers departed for the tournament in Kansas City, the crew brought the team a cake, which seems to predict that the team will return to Morgantown as conference champions.What an awesome suprise for the team from the flight crew on our trip to the Big 12 tournament. #onemission pic.twitter.com/oeKrtkJydR— Bob Huggins (@CoachHuggs) March 10, 2015While Baylor, Iowa State, Oklahoma, and even banged-up Kansas are probably safer bets to win the tournament, behind star guard Juwan Staten, West Virginia is a pretty strong team. The ‘Neers finished the season 23-8, and 11-7 in conference play.last_img read more

read more

Photos: 4-Star Guard Terrance Davis Commits To Maryland At Under Armour All-American Game

first_imgTerrance Davis announces his commitment during ESPN broadcast.Twitter/@TerrapinNationUpdate: Here is video of the announcement, via ESPN’s Gerry Hamilton:#VIDEO: #ESPN300 OG @THEGIF7 commits to #Maryland at #UAAllAmerica Game. pic.twitter.com/E5lM8nIXV2— Gerry Hamilton (@HamiltonESPN) January 2, 2016Earlier: Today’s Under Armour All-American Game will feature a number of commitments by big-time players. Right before kick-off, running back Devwah Whaley committed to Arkansas. Next up is four-star guard Terrance Davis, who will stay home to play for D.J. Durkin at Maryland.Officially committed to Maryland! #UMD #DirtyTerps Extremely blessed! @UAFootball #UAALLAMERICA pic.twitter.com/NiDuRkJiYH— Mary (@THEGIF7) January 2, 2015Rivals100 OG Terrance Davis has committed to the #Terps. pic.twitter.com/RMQssvfz3m— Scott Greene (@TerrapinNation) January 2, 2016#ESPN300 OG @THEGIF7 commits to #Maryland at #UAAllAmerica Game. pic.twitter.com/5Og9wvh9GD— Gerry Hamilton (@HamiltonESPN) January 2, 2016There’s no better event to commit to the Terps at than the game sponsored by Under Armour. Davis is ranked No. 2 among all offensive guards, and is the top recruit in the state of Maryland, per 247Sports.last_img read more

read more

Rapinoe: I stand by my White House comments

first_imgMegan Rapinoe only apologised for her swearing as she reflected on a promise not to visit the White House should the USWNT win the Women’s World Cup.Rapinoe had already drawn criticism from US president Donald Trump for not singing the national anthem in protest when a video was published earlier this week of her insisting she had no intention of visiting the White House.USA are the defending champions and among the favourites to win the World Cup again in France, but Rapinoe told Eight by Eight: “I’m not going to the f****** White House.” Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Trump responded by telling Rapinoe to ‘win first’ but has invited the team to visit regardless of their success – or lack of – at the tournament.However, Rapinoe has again repeated she will not be attending and urged her team-mates to also miss out.Speaking before fielding questions at Thursday’s news conference, Rapinoe said: “I’ll just address it head-on and then we can get to the soccer questions. Obviously [there has been] a lot of news recently.”I stand by the comments that I made about not wanting to go to the White House, with the exception of the expletive – my mum will be very upset about that.”I’m obviously entering with a lot of passion considering how much time and effort and pride we take in the platform that we have and using it for good and for leaving the game in a better place and hopefully the world in a better place.”I don’t think that I would want to go and I would encourage my team-mates to think hard about lending that platform or having that co-opted by an administration that doesn’t feel the same way and doesn’t fight for the same things that we fight for.”I’ll just leave it at that and I’m not interested in answering any of those questions. We can get to the real reason we’re here, which is a huge game.”Women’s soccer player, @mPinoe, just stated that she is “not going to the F…ing White House if we win.” Other than the NBA, which now refuses to call owners, owners (please explain that I just got Criminal Justice Reform passed, Black unemployment is at the lowest level…— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 26, 2019….in our Country’s history, and the poverty index is also best number EVER), leagues and teams love coming to the White House. I am a big fan of the American Team, and Women’s Soccer, but Megan should WIN first before she TALKS! Finish the job! We haven’t yet….— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 26, 2019….invited Megan or the team, but I am now inviting the TEAM, win or lose. Megan should never disrespect our Country, the White House, or our Flag, especially since so much has been done for her & the team. Be proud of the Flag that you wear. The USA is doing GREAT!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 26, 2019Trump cancelled the Philadelphia Eagles’ traditional visit for the Super Bowl champions in 2018 after several NFL players said they did not wish to attend.That feud appeared to be sparked by Colin Kaepernick’s kneeling protest bringing attention to police brutality and racial inequality – an action Rapinoe has joined.USWNT coach Jill Ellis has no issue with the attention Rapinoe attracts, though.”The personality of our players, that’s part of the make-up of the players,” she said, appearing alongside Rapinoe. “They’re elite people that live on a stage that are always under scrutiny.”This team has a remarkable focus. We all support Megan. She knows that. We know we have each other’s backs in there. For our players, there’s only one purpose, one mission that we’re here.”Comments, media, whatever – that’s always been something we can block out pretty easily.”last_img read more

read more

College Football Insider Has Message For Fans Thinking Urban Meyer Will Be Fired

first_imgUrban Meyer hyping up the Ohio State football team before a game.BLACKSBURG, VA – SEPTEMBER 7: Head coach Urban Meyer of the Ohio State Buckeyes gets his team ready before the game against the Virginia Tech Hokies at Lane Stadium on September 7, 2015 in Blacksburg, Virginia. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)Urban Meyer has been placed on paid administrative leave by Ohio State following the report by college football insider Brett McMurphy and many people believe the Buckeyes’ head coach has coached his final game in Columbus.It’s certainly a possibility. Typically, when someone is placed on administrative leave, it results in their eventual departure. Perhaps that is what will happen with Urban at Ohio State.College football insider Bruce Feldman appeared on 97.1 The Fan in Columbus this afternoon and discussed the possibility of Meyer being fired.It’s possible, obviously, but Feldman thinks that those already writing Meyer off could be wrong.“I think people writing him off right now, saying he’s coached his last game could be wrong,” Feldman said.Feldman: “I think people writing him off right now, saying he’s coached his last game could be wrong.”— Eleven Warriors (@11W) August 2, 2018Feldman appeared on Colin Cowherd’s show on FOX Sports 1 earlier today and further discussed the possibility of Meyer being fired.The possibility seems to be increasing, but it’s not guaranteed.“Yesterday morning around this time I was like there’s probably a 25% chance (Urban Meyer) might not survive this. By the time I left here yesterday I thought it was 50/50. This morning I think it’s even further at maybe a 75% chance,” he said.”Yesterday morning around this time I was like there’s probably a 25% chance he might not survive this. By the time I left here yesterday I thought it was 50/50. This morning I think it’s even further at maybe a 75% chance.”@BruceFeldmanCFB with the latest on Urban Meyer pic.twitter.com/NTxWLi7gAc— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) August 2, 2018Meyer will be on paid administrative leave pending an investigation by Ohio State. It’s unclear how long the investigation will take, but some are estimating that it will take two weeks or so.Ohio State, now led by interim coach Ryan Day, opens its season on Sept. 1 against Oregon State.last_img read more

read more

Report: Major Program Considering Replacing Its Head Coach With Dana Holgorsen

first_imgDana Holgorsen celebrating against the Texas Longhorns.AUSTIN, TX – NOVEMBER 03: Head coach Dana Holgorsen of the West Virginia Mountaineers celebrates after the game against the Texas Longhorns at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium on November 3, 2018 in Austin, Texas. (Photo by Tim Warner/Getty Images)On Friday night, Dana Holgorsen led his West Virginia Mountaineers against the Syracuse Orange in the Camping World Bowl. West Virginia went into the game without star quarterback Will Grier – who is headed to the NFL and decided to keep his body healthy for the draft.Without Grier under center, the Mountaineers struggled to move the ball and eventually lost the contest 34-18. The loss might be Holgorsen’s last with the Mountaineers.According to a report from Football Scoop, Houston is expected to make a run at the West Virginia head coach.Here’s more from the report:Rather than rebuild after two unsatisfactory seasons (by the school’s stated standard), sources said U of H boosters are evaluating all options, including considering bringing in West Virginia head coach Dana Holgorsen to replace Applewhite.Holgorsen was the offensive coordinator at Houston from 2008-09 before moving on to Oklahoma State and then West Virginia. According to the report, Holgorsen still owns a house in Houston and remains close friends with Houston booster Tilman Fertitta.Would Holgorsen leave the Mountaineers for the Cougars?[Football Scoop]last_img read more

read more

QB Tate Martell Reportedly Considering These 3 Programs

first_imgTate Martell runs for Ohio State vs. Rutgers.COLUMBUS, OH – SEPTEMBER 08: Tate Martell #18 of the Ohio State Buckeyes breaks free on a 47-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter of the game against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights at Ohio Stadium on September 8, 2018 in Columbus, Ohio. Ohio State won 52-3. (Photo by Joe Robbins/Getty Images)Ohio State quarterback Tate Martell entered the NCAA transfer portal on Thursday. Three days later and his recruitment is beginning to take shape.While there were likely dozens of programs interested in the former four-star, three are standing out, according to the latest report.According to 247Sports’ Steve Wiltfong, Martell is considering West Virginia, Miami and Louisville as potential transfer destinations. He is currently on a visit to West Virginia.Wiltfong writes that Martell will see Louisville and Miami this week.Hearing three teams are in the mix to land #OhioState quarterback transfer Tate Martell: https://t.co/dMeOX4SdHb— Steve Wiltfong (@SWiltfong247) January 13, 2019Martell put his name in the portal last week after Georgia five-star freshman quarterback Justin Fields announced he was transferring to OSU. Fields is expected to start for the Buckeyes, provided he obtains a waiver from the NCAA to be eligible immediately.After redshirting in 2017, Martell appeared in six games as Dwayne Haskins’ backup in 2018. He completed 23-of-28 passes for 269 yards and one touchdown.Martell added 128 rushing yards and two scores on the ground as well.last_img read more

read more

Clemson’s National Title Rings Say “Best Ever” On Them

first_imgClemson's national title rings.This past January, Clemson, after knocking off Alabama in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game, became the first college football team in the modern era to finish with a 15-0 record. As such, the program apparently believes it had the “best” team of all-time.Wednesday, Clemson unveiled its national championship rings. They feature dozens of diamonds and two College Football Playoff championship trophies (they also won in 2016).One of the sides has the score of the title game (44-16) with the phrases “Eye of the Tiger” and “Heart of a Champion.” The other side says “Best Ever” with a tribute to the 15-0 record.Clemson itself tweeted photos of the bling. Check it out:Best Ever 💍🏆🐅#ALLIN pic.twitter.com/YL1NG3THtI— Clemson Football (@ClemsonFB) April 3, 2019We think Coach like his 💍💍💍 #ALLIN pic.twitter.com/bBsCOcby0c— Clemson Football (@ClemsonFB) April 3, 2019The question, of course, is whether Clemson should actually be able to claim the title of “best ever” when previous undefeated national champions were now awarded the opportunity to play 15 games. We imagine it’ll be quite the debate in places like Tuscaloosa, Alabama and Lincoln, Nebraska.Regardless, Clemson is going to make the claim, and head coach Dabo Swinney is going to use it to his advantage on the recruiting trail.Clemson will open as the favorite to repeat in 2019. The Tigers will open their season against Georgia Tech on August 29.last_img read more

read more